Financial Assistance for Self Employment & Entrepreneurship
1. Financial Assistance Available to Persons With Disability as per NHFDC Schemes
NHFDC, incorpoated by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, govt of India in 2017 runs several schemes to financially support PwDs
- For setting up small business in service/trading sector: Loan up to Rs. 20.00 lakhs.
- For setting up small industrial unit: Loan up to Rs. 20.00 lakhs.
- For higher studies/professional training to cover tuition fees books, stationery expenses, hostel facilities etc.
- For agricultural activities: Loan up to ` 5.00 lakhs.
- For manufacturing /production of assistive devicesfor disabled persons: Loan up to Rs. 25.00 lacks
- For self employment amongst persons with mental retardation, Cerebral Palsy and Autism: loan upto Rs 2.50 lacks
Eligibility to avail support in NHFDC Schemes
- Any Indian citizen with a 40% or more disability
- Age between 18 and 55 years
- Annual Income below 60,000 p.a. for urban areas and Rs. 55,000 p.a. for rural areas
- A cooperative society of disabled persons
- A legally constituted association of disabled persons
- A firm promoted by disabled persons
- Each member of society/association/firm applying for loan should fulfill the disability, age and income criteria Relevant background of educational / technical /vocational qualification or experience, to ensure an appropriate usage of the assistance
2. Financial Assistance as per DIVYANGJAN SWAVALAMBAN YOJANA
DIVYANGJAN SWAVALAMBAN YOJANA is a scheme introduced by NHFDC or the welfare of people with disabilities. The main objective of the Scheme is to assist the needy disabled persons by providing concessional loan for economic and overall empowerment.
- Any Indian citizen with 40% or more disability (Disability as defined in PwD Act, 2016 or its amendments).
- Age above 18 years. However, in case of persons with mental retardation, the eligible age would be above 14 years. The age criteria would not be required for educational loans. Age certificate issued by competent authority authorized by the State Government or as mentioned in the 10th certificate or any other certificate issued by the government would be the required document.
3. Financial Assistance under the National Fund for Persons with Disabilities
The National Fund for Persons with Disabilities was introduced by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities. Under the scheme, the Central Government aims to provide financial assistance for the PwDs. The main target of the scheme is to create equal opportunities, equity, social justice and empowerment of persons with disabilities.
4. Exhibitions/workshops to showcase the products including paintings, handicraft etc made by the PwDs.
The purpose of the scheme is to grant financial assistance for organising exhibition or workshops at National, Regional or State level to exhibit the products including paintings, handicrafts etc. made by persons with disabilities.
- Any person with disability of 40% or more has won medals in sporting events or any artist with disability graded as per the instructions of the Ministry of Culture during the last 3 years.
- Any person who has already availed assistance from the fund for National/International event will not be eligible for financial assistance for related events.
- The annual income of the applicant family should not be more than Rs 3 lakh for participating in the National event, whereas for International event, the annual income of the family should not be more than Rs.6 lakh.
5. Support certain exclusive needs of persons with high support needs as recommended by the Assessment Boards on specific recommendation by the States on a case to case basis.
The purpose of the scheme is to grant financial assistance to the person with benchmark disability having high needs to meet their particular needs as recommended by the Assessment Board.
- Any persons with benchmark disabilities having high needs who have approached the States and the States could not afford such assistance from their Fund and has recommended by the Assessment Board.
- The annual income of the PwD family should not be above Rs.3 lakh or as may be specified by the governing body.