Government financial aid to Children with Special Needs for Treatment and Surgery
About the Scheme
Assistance to Disabled Persons for Purchase / Fitting of Aids and Appliances (ADIP) is a scheme initiated by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. This scheme has been launched to provide assistance to disabled persons in obtaining standard aids and appliances, surgeries and cochlear implant.
Objective of the Scheme
The main objective of the Scheme is to assist the needy disabled persons in procuring durable, sophisticated and scientifically manufactured, modern, standard aids and appliances that can promote their physical, social and psychological rehabilitation, by reducing the effects of disabilities and enhance their economic potential.
Eligibility of the Beneficiaries
- 1. He/she should be an Indian citizen of any age.
- 2. Should be certified by a Registered Medical Practitioner that he/she is disabled and fit to use prescribed aid/appliance. Holds a 40% Disablement Certificate.
- 3. Person who is employed/self-employed or getting pension and whose monthly income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 20,000/- per month.
- 4. In case of dependents, the income of parents/guardians should not exceed Rs. 20,000/- per month.
- 5. Persons who have not received assistance from the Government, local bodies and Non-Official Organisations during the last 3 years for the same purpose. However, for children below 12 years of age this limit would be 1 year.
- 1. Photo
- 2. Aadhaar/Proof of identity - Passport, Voter ID, Driving license
- 3. Proof of address
- 4. Proof of BPL status - certificate from the District Authority for eligibility / BPL ration card
- 5. Certificate from the Medical Officer required for loss of vision, hearing impairment, loss of teeth and locomotor disability requiring use of wheelchair.
How to apply
- Online procedure - To apply for this ADIP Scheme online, the applicant can visit the official site ADIP Cochlear Implant using this link. After visiting the portal, click on the ADIP Scheme and fill out the online application form under Enrollment for Cochlear Implant Surgery and attach the scanned copy of supporting documents
- Offline Procedure - Download the Application form from the same link & send the filled Application with all the required supporting documents to following address:
Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped
K.C. Marg, Bandra (W) Reclamation
Mumbai - 400050, Maharashtra
Quantum of Assistance
Aids/appliances which do not cost more than Rs. 10,000/ - are covered under the Scheme for single disability. However, in the case of SwDs, students beyond IX class, the limit would be raised to Rs.12,000/
The quantum of assistance and income limit under the ADIP scheme is as follows:
|Amount of Assistance
|Up to Rs. 15,000/- per month
|Full cost of aid/appliance
|Rs. 15,001/- to Rs. 20,000/- per month
|50% of the cost of aid/appliance
Some other schemes of Indian Govt for the welfare of children with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities as per PwD Act
|This scheme provides residential facilities for both short term (Respite Care) and Long Term (Prolonged Stay). The activities include early intervention, special education or integrated schools, open schools, pre-vocational and vocational training, employment oriented training, recreation, sports etc.
|This scheme is for the parents who worry that what will happen to their children with special needs when they are no more. GHARAUNDA is answer to this worry. It provides a sustainable solution to this problem. It is a scheme of Lifelong Shelter & Care. GHARAUNDA seeks to provide an assured minimum quality of care services for persons with autism throughout the life at an affordable price on a sustainable basis.
|Niramaya (Health Insurance Scheme)
|It is a health insurance scheme. The scheme provides comprehensive cover, without any selection or exclusion criteria of the pre-existing disability. An applicant may receive insurance cover up to Rs. 1 lakh with a single premium across age bands. Services covered range from regular medical check-up to hospitalization, repetitive medical intervention as an in-patient, therapy to corrective surgery, transportation, pre & post hospitalization expenses, and cashless hospitalization in empanelled hospitals.
|VIKAAS Day Care
|A day care scheme for persons with autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation and multiple disabilities, above 10 years for enhancing interpersonal and vocational skills.
|In case children with special needs have to travel another city and stay at a hotel room to seek the special health services which are not available in their city, they can avail 50% discount. All India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) hotels in India offer 50% discount on room rent, and do not charge extra for the accompanying person. In addition, there is a 30% discount on food on the a-la-carte menu. To avail the scheme, it would be necessary to carry a disability certificate to the hotel.
|Composite Regional Centres for Persons with Disabilities (CRCs)
|Due to lack of adequate facilities for rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has set up multiple Composite Regional Centres to provide both preventive and promotional aspects of rehabilitation like education, health, employment, vocational training and manpower development.
|District Disability Rehabilitation Centres (DDRCs)
|The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is facilitating setting up District Disability Rehabilitation Centres (DDRCs) across states to provide rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities. These centres provide services for prevention and early detection, surgical correction, fitment of artificial aids and appliances, referral for medical intervention, therapeutical services etc.
|Assistance to Disabled Persons for Purchase /Fitting of Aids and Appliances (ADIP Scheme)
|The main objective of the scheme is to assist needy persons with disabilities in procuring standard aids and appliances that can promote their physical, social and psychological rehabilitation by reducing the effects of disabilities and enhance their economic potential. Aids and appliances which do not cost less than Rs. 50 and not more than Rs. 6,000 are covered under the scheme.
|DISHA (Early Intervention and School Readiness Scheme)
|This is an early intervention and school readiness scheme for Children with Disability in the age group of 0-10 years. The scheme aims at setting up Disha Centres for early intervention and treating the CwSN through. Disha Centres include a Special Educator or Early Intervention Therapist, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist and Counsellor for PwD along with Caregiver and Ayas in the centre.