About The scheme
The Indira Gandhi National Disability Scheme was launched on February 2009 by the Ministry of Rural Development headed by the Central Government to support the disabled people in our country. This scheme introduced under National Social Assistance Program provides monthly pension to disabled people for the prosperity of their lives.
To assure a respectful life financial assistance are provided to severe and multi-disabled persons who are living below poverty line.
- 1. The people will be supported financially by the Central Government.
- 2. With the funds provided by the Government, the people can be on their own despite their disability.
- 3. A sum of Rs. 300 is provided to people whose age ranges between 18-79 years, whereas a sum of Rs.500 is provided for people who are above 79 years.
- 1.The age of the applicant should range between 18-79 years.
- 2. The applicant should be a resident of India.
- 3. The applicant should be a physically or mentally disabled person.
- 4. The applicant’s disability should be more than 40%.
- 5. Dwarfs are also eligible for this scheme.
- 6. The applicant should belong to Below Poverty Line.
- 1.Aadhar Card
- 2. Certificate of Disability
- 3. Residence Proof of the applicant
- 4. Account Details
- 5. Age Proof
- 6. Below Poverty Line Ration Card
How to Apply
The applicant has to visit the local government bodies like Gram Panchayat, Municipalities to collect the application form. After duly filling the form, it has to be submitted to the same office. The application form is obtained for free of cost.